Your teeth are incredibly strong and durable and can last a lifetime if you care for them properly. Unfortunately, they’re not indestructible.
Many factors can contribute to the breakdown of your teeth over the years, leaving you with a mouthful of teeth that are either broken, worn, decayed, or missing.
What Is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Performed by an experienced Aurora prosthodontist like Dr. John Chen, full mouth reconstruction goes far beyond a cosmetic smile makeover. The goal of full restoration is to improve the health, function, and beauty of a patient’s smile by rebuilding, restoring, or replacing all or most of their teeth.
Who Needs Full Mouth Reconstruction?
If you have dental problems throughout your mouth, you may be a candidate for full reconstruction. These include but are not limited to:
- Cracked teeth
- Broken teeth
- Extensive tooth decay
- Infected teeth
- Teeth with large fillings that are failing
- Multiple missing teeth
- Worn teeth due to bruxism
- Advanced gum disease
A prosthodontist is the best choice to restore your smile because they are specialists who are trained to provide comprehensive restorative dentistry and a result that improves both the function and aesthetics of your smile.
What's Involved in Full Reconstruction?
Any service that your Aurora prosthodontist provides can be part of a full mouth reconstruction.
- You may require multiple fillings and dental crowns to repair decayed or broken-down teeth.
- If you have several missing teeth, you may need a combination of bridges, dentures, dental implants, and implant dentures.
- Teeth that function well are essential, but so are aesthetics. Dr. Chen may also recommend dental cosmetic dental services like bonding, porcelain veneers, or teeth whitening.
This may all sound a bit overwhelming, and restoring a broken-down smile is a big decision. Rest assured that as we map out our treatment plan, we’ll work with your unique needs. We can plan your treatment in stages to accommodate your budget, and we also offer CareCredit and Lending Club financing to help manage costs.
The first step is to call Uptown Comprehensive Dentistry and Prosthodontics to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chen for a full evaluation at our Aurora dental office. We look forward to helping you!