A dental implant is a tooth replacement that closely mimics the look and structure of a biological tooth. Implants are unique because a synthetic tooth root is placed in the jawbone, which becomes the base for a replacement tooth.
What are Dental Implants?
Here’s some important information you should know about dental implants in Aurora, CO:
- Dental implants are stand-alone replacement teeth that mimic the look and structure of natural teeth.
- The foundation of an implant is a titanium post placed surgically in the jaw bone. As it heals, the implant root fuses with surrounding bone and tissue to form a stable base for a prosthetic tooth or teeth.
- The implanted root is restored to full function and appearance by adding a custom dental crown.
The result is a functional replacement tooth that blends seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants look and feel natural and are the only replacement teeth that actually improve your oral health. Tooth loss can lead to numerous oral health problems, including loss of gum tissue, shifting teeth, and jawbone deterioration.
Since the implant replaces the missing tooth root, it stabilizes surrounding teeth and prevents them from shifting out of place. The unique properties of dental implants make them appropriate for several uses:
- Replacing one or multiple missing teeth
- Replacing a tooth without adding stress to adjacent teeth
- Preserving the strength and density of the jawbone
- Providing support and stability for an existing bridge or denture
Are You a Candidate for a Dental Implant?
At Uptown Comprehensive Dentistry & Prosthodontics, Dr. John Chen has used implants to help many patients regain their smiles and confidence after tooth loss. Dental implants are a remarkable and effective solution for many people, but we need to consider several factors before deciding if they’re right for you.
Please contact our Aurora, CO, dental office, and a team member will be happy to arrange a consultation to discuss dental implants and other tooth replacement options.