Prosthodontics, also known as prosthetic dentistry, focuses on dental prostheses to replace missing or damaged teeth. If you have a missing tooth, Uptown Comprehensive Dentistry and Prosthodontics is the place to call!
Dr. John Chen is a highly skilled and experienced prosthodontist who treats aesthetic, implant, and full-mouth reconstruction cases. Whether you need removable, fixed, or implant prosthodontics, Dr. Chen can help you complete your smile.
What’s the Difference Between a Prosthodontist and a General Dentist?
A prosthodontist focuses on replacing and restoring oral health and function throughout the entire mouth. Prosthodontists also complete additional training, handle complex dental cases like jaw surgery and implants, and offer veneers, crowns, and bridges. A general dentist, on the other hand, focuses on more general oral health needs, such as repairing teeth and ensuring they remain healthy and functional.
What Problems Can Prosthodontics Fix?
Prosthodontics can treat various issues, such as:
- Missing teeth
- Severely damaged teeth
- Mouth or facial pain
- Cosmetic concerns
- TMJ pain or dysfunction
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Bad bite
The best way to determine if you are a candidate for prosthodontics is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chen. He can assess your smile and develop a treatment plan that best meets your needs and goals. Depending on your case, Dr. Chen can recommend a customized prosthodontic appliance, such as a denture, bridge, or implant.
What Is a Prosthodontic Appliance?
There are many types of prosthodontic appliances, both fixed and removable. These include:
- Dental implants – permanently replace one or more teeth, from root to crown, through surgical implant placement in the jawbone
- Full and partial dentures – replace upper or lower arch teeth
- Crowns – cover and restore severely damaged, weak, or root-canaled teeth
- Bridges – replace one or more teeth in a row, using neighboring natural teeth for support
- Nightguards for TMJ or sleep apnea – reposition the jaws to open the airway for easier breathing and more restful sleep
- Oral splints – protect teeth from bruxism-related wear and damage
Looking for Prosthodontics in Aurora, CO?
If you have a damaged or missing tooth, your prosthodontist in Aurora can help! Dr. Chen has many years of experience and training in prosthodontics and can help you regain your oral health and confidence. When you have a smile you love, you’re more likely to socialize and smile, which can positively impact your health and well-being. Our team looks forward to helping you attain the smile you’ve always wanted!